Experts have listed the 5 things we all need to do to improve our longevity:
- Move your body regularly – Exercise is good, but can also cause problems. At least move your body regularly. Walk, bike, keep the blood circulating and your body as flexible as you can.
- Engage in social activities – Keeping up personal relationships goes a long way towards keeping our minds sharp and keep us content with life. (Just an fyi, Social Media is not a fitting replacement for interpersonal social activities.)
- Do what you can to reduce controllable stress – No, you cant control all sources of stress, but do what you can to control what you can.
- Challenge your brain – Just like any other muscle, if you stop using it, you tend to loose it! Keep your brain sharp, challenge it! Read, play word games, play a musical instrument!
- Make time for the things you enjoy – We can get caught up in doing what we must, and stop doing what we love.